|Model||Garmin GNC-250 VFR GPS / COMM Transceiver|
|Part Number||P/N: 011-00082-00|
|Included||GPS Antenna, Rack, Connector, Existing Database, Guaranteed working upon delivery|
|Comments||We had stopped recommending this GPS due to a lack of factory support.|
This was once a popular GPS/COMM choice, but the GNC-250 two limitations:
To create the GNC-250 GPS/COMM Transceiver, Garmin took their solid and popular GPS-150 and added COMM functionality. This combination of a proven GPS and a 760 channel COMM transceiver resulted in a easy-to-use unit that performs the functions of two radios in the panel space of one! The best feature of this combination is the ability to "auto-tune" a COMM frequency directly from the database.
- It does not have a moving map display
- It is no longer supported by Garmin. If the unit were to develop a problem, it is not repairable.
The COMM side of the GNC-250 features:
The GPS side of the GNC-250 features:
- 760 COMM channels
- Pushbutton flip-flop between active and standby frequencies
- Emergency channel select - Based on current position, the GNC-250 will show you the 2 nearest FSS and their frequencies
- Automatic squelch control
- Stuck mike transmission timeout
- Audio leveling
You may also be interested in an Indicator or Moving Map / MFD to use with this GNC-250.
- Vacuum fluorescent dot matrix display - This display is designed to provide easy viewing, even in direct sunlight. It shows three lines of information at once, plus COMM frequencies. The display may also be configured to show an electronic CDI.
- Multitrac8 GPS Receiver - This allows the GNC-250 to track and use up to 8 satellites at once for fast, accurate positioning. This same receiver was used in Garmin's IFR models, so you know it is accurate and reliable.
- Pilot-focused operations - The Trip Planning mode allows the pilot to view distance and time for any route. Fuel Planning mode will display the fuel requirements for this route. The GNC-250 may also be interfaced with a fuel flow sensor for precise measurements and fuel calculations. Up to 9 user checklists may be stored, with up to 30 items each.
- Peace of mind - An Emergency Search will describe and guide you to the 9 nearest airports, VORs, NDBs, intersections, or user waypoints.
- Comprehensive Jeppesen database - The database includes airports, VORs, NDBs, FSSs, intersections, COMM frequencies, runway information, minimum safe altitude, special use airspace (SUA) information, and more. This database is located in a front-loading datacard, which makes it much easier to keep up-to-date.
- Ease of use - The GNC-250 provides simple, intuitive navigation guidance and data. A Direct-To keystroke lets you instantly set course to any waypoint you select. A full compliment of E6-B calculations, including winds aloft, true airspeed, and density altitude, are readily available. The pilot may store 1,000 user waypoints and 20 reversible flight plans of up to 31 waypoints each. There is also space to store user comments on up to 250 waypoints.
- Compatibility - The GNC-250 interfaces with an existing Autopilot, CDI, HSI, and other equipment. Even though this GPS does not have an internal Moving Map, it may be used to provide position information to an external Moving Map. This combination gives you the flexibility to show communication and navigation information on the GNC-250, plus a larger display!
If you have any questions about this item, please click to send us an email.